Property, Evidence & Impounded Vehicles

Request for Return Property 

Persons seeking to have property or evidence in the custody of the Police Department returned to them must complete a Request for Return of Property form and turn it into the front desk officer or place it in the locked drop box in the police department lobby. The form is available at the police department lobby or online (PDF). 

Property in the custody of the Police Department will only be released to the individual who is named in the report as owner or registered owner of property. The individual must have identification at the time of release. If the person named is unavailable to pick up their property, they can name an alternate person to pick it up. That person must have a letter signed and notarized by the owner of the property, authorizing that individual to pick up their property. That person must also provide proper identification at the time of release.

Property or Evidence connected to a criminal case will only be released when the criminal case has concluded if the owner is legally able to own or possess the property in question.

Once a Request for Return of Property has been received and approved by the Officer in Charge of the case and the Criminal court holding the case he owner will be notified to make an appointment with the Property Officer.

To contact the Property Officer please call 734-374-4061 to schedule an appointment.

Impounded Vehicle 

To claim your vehicle, you must bring proof of ownership (registration or title) and identification to Area Towing, which is located at 16550 Racho Road, Taylor, MI. For more information please call 734-283-6635.