Welcome to the City Clerk’s page! Here you will be able to apply for various licenses and permits, request public records through the Freedom of Information Act, and learn about upcoming elections. Forms and applications are located under the City Clerk’s Forms on the sidebar. If you have any questions please contact my office at: (734) 287-6550 -option 6. We look forward to helping you.
EARLY VOTING = ABSENTEE VOTING
There have been many misunderstandings about the term “early voting” in Michigan. Early voting equals absentee voting. Besides absentee ballot voting, there is no other “early” voting. Over 12,000 absentee ballots for the November 3 General Election were mailed to Taylor voters who previously requested them in late September.
- Requests for an absent voter ballot to be mailed to you, must be received by the City Clerk’s office no later than 5 p.m. Friday, October 30
- The last day to request an absentee ballot in person, and take the ballot home is Saturday, October 31 at 4 p.m. (The Clerk’s office will be open Saturday, October 31 from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m.)
- Requests for an absent voter ballot in person, that must be voted at City Hall, must be requested by 10 a.m. on Monday, November 2
- Ballots must be returned to the City Clerk’s office by 8 p.m. on Election Day
How to Return Your Ballot
- Drop Box located next to City Hall on Pine Street
- In person at the City Clerk’s counter
- By mail. if you must mail your ballot, please do so early!
- The City Clerk provides the following services:
The City Clerk's Office is also the custodian of all City records and keeps a permanent copy of all board and commission proceedings.
The Taylor Fire Department is teaming up with the National Fire Protection Association – the official sponsor of Fire Prevention Week for more than 90 years – to promote this year’s campaign, “Serve Up Fire Safety in the Kitchen!” Read on...
The deadline for completing the 2020 U.S. Census October 5. If you haven’t responded, you should do so immediately. After all, this is about making yourself count. Read on...
The William Ford Senior Activities Center (6750 Troy) will reopen to the public on Monday, October 5. The senior will be open Mondays through Fridays, from 8:30-11:30 a.m. and 12:30-3:30 p.m. The center will be cleared for cleaning midday. Read on...